NEPHELIS LOGOS
For this week I have been designing logos and designs for my game and future trailer.
I will be creating the trailer in After Effects CS5 from scratch and even my own sound applied to the trailer.
Here are some examples of my Logos created for my game using photoshop CS5.
I will also explain how I made the logos and what fonts were used such as techniques used to give the effects I was left with, Either being Drop shadow, outer glow, Beval and emboss and even gradients.
The first logo was created by a font named Century Gothic. I then aligned the text to make them appear closer together and added two lines, one above and one on the bottom. I thought this would add more in depth of field to the logo/title. (This is not the final product)
The second logo was created using the font Bank Gothic. I then rasterized the text into making it an image for me to edit. I then used the eraser tool and held shift to get a straight line. I used the eraser from one side of the font to the other to create the line and I then clicked on the blending options and clicked gradient overlay. I made one gradient white and the other black. This gave the effect of a metallic look that I was looking for this kind of font in particular. (This is not the final product)The third logo was created by the font called eccentric std. I then went onto the blending options and clicked shadow overlay and positioned it where the font appears to have an angled shadow. I then added an outer glow to give the font more of an effect and stand out from the shadow. (This is not the final product)
lastly is my final design before I decide to create my final Logo for my trailer by combining the logos which I like and will work for my project. The font I used for this logo was Lucida Blackletter. I then added two lines on the top and bottom of the logo to give the logo some kind of outline because the logo seemed quite bland without lines or some kind of symbol. (This is not the final product)
All Logos Together
My Final Logo
After combing all my logos which I liked together I came across this as my final logo.
I also selected the end of the N and the end of the I and copied the layer. I then stretched the selection and then made another layer to rotate the lines going left and right. (Reason for making another layer was the pixels were blurring and stretching the other way) so to prevent this I changed the angel to 90° for both the N and I and stretched them to the other side, This then gave me the outlines for my title.






No comments:
Post a Comment