Thursday, 6 June 2013

Week 9 : In game tracks and learning garage band

After creating sound effects for my game it was now time to create music for my game. How ever I used garage band to create my audio on a friends Mac computer as I do not own a MAC so I had to ask a friend in my free time if I could use garage band. After my friend taught me the basics of how to use  garage band me and my friend constructed some good instrumentals using the software.

In the songs we have used real life sound recordings of cave drops and also my friend playing electric guitar. After I recorded him playing guitar we put the tracks into garage band and edited the music together.

In the video I created below you will hear a "Roaming" track where the player will hear this track when walking across the landscape/cave, "Battle music" when the character encounters a fight with an enemy and finally a "Boss Theme" for when the player encounters the boss character of the game.

Below I will attach some screen shots of garage band.


Battle Theme


Created using Audacity, Garage band and all pieced together edited using Adobe After Effects.

The video was then uploaded to YouTube for better quality sound.



After showing my friend some influences of a battle song me and my friend came up with a track using the majority of instruments to see what would work and what sounded good.


Towards the end of our song our song our song sound retro so we changed it slightly so it sounded quite demonic for a boss fight. The final product sounded how I wanted it and was very pleased with the results that me and my friend achieved.

Earlier on in the week I did not know how to work garage band but towards the end my friend showed em and gave me some good knowledge on how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment