Below I make a montage of sounds in a program called Audacity and edited the video together using Adobe After Effects from home.
I will also upload pictures below on how I created the audio on what effects were used and how I recorder them.
In Game Sounds
This is my in game sounds for my battle system. Each sound will be played if either a character is attacked, casting a spell or ambient noises from the monster. In this video there are a few examples and experiments on what sounds I like and what sounds I wont choose.
I created the sounds using a program called Audacity a free program found on http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
The site is free to use and comes with a wide variety of sound effects and tools to use for either film making, music making or even game making.
Below I will upload a few pictures on how I created the sound clips and what effects were used.
First of all we have the track but notice I have left a few seconds for the clip before I even begin my audio. This is simply to pick up background noise purposely so I can use the softwares effects to remove background noise using an effect. This will make the track sound more professional and remove any horrible grainy sound and crisps that may occur in some audio.
Below in the next picture you will now see how I remove background noise by only selecting the first part of the audio.
As you can see I have highlighted the audio I wish to get the noise from. I then clicked on effects and then noise removal. This will then pop up another window and an option will say "Get Noise" once you selected a certain part of your clip I.E the background noise then highlight all your clip by pressing and holding CTRL + A (This will select all your audio) then click remove noise.
With the noise now removed you will see the background noise become a flat line indicating no noise. This is perfect for making professional sounds.
The next picture you will see how I created my monster groaning effect. Due to voice acting I did not have to do much editing apart from noise removal and change pitch making my voice seem much more deeper than what it is. This gave the demonic sound that I was looking for to give my monster that evil presence of being an enemy and not a friendly.
As you can see I highlighted all my audio after I used the noise removal effect as shown before I then used another effect called "Change Pitch" I simply lowered the percentage of DSB and removed it to the negative (This will make sound appear deeper) I used this on my audio to give me the demonic monster effect that I wanted as stated above.



No comments:
Post a Comment