Thursday, 16 May 2013

Week 1 : Character Research

REALISTIC ANIME

During my research I have came across a few art styles on which I have thought my game would fit its art style. The first picture is based on an Anime called "Death Note" The main character is called Light Yagami who is a 18 year old college student who stumbles across a supernatural book of death that can cause a human to die by writing their name into the death note.

The cause of death can be specified in detail or simply  write accident and a possible accident will happen either struck by a car or simply falling down the stairs. If the humans name is written in the death note it cannot be erased and if the cause of death is also not specified the human will simply die of a heart attack in 40 seconds.

Below is some pictures of what Light Yagami looks like as reference for my main character design.




LIFE CHARACTERS

After doing some more research I decided to work from real life actors and faces I would think would fit the part of the main character. Below is a young actor from TV programs on CBBC that has appeared in programs such as "The little vampire". The actor below known as Craig Roberts in personal life has the facial expressions, jaw line and hair that fits the main character Joe Sorrows.

Like Light Yagami, Craig Roberts share some similar facial anatomy either being a fictional character from an Anime or a real life character their jaw line and hair is what I am looking for to portray my main character.

In most computer games it's the hair and jawline of a character that tells the player that this is a main character. I did not want a cute pretty boy character to be the main character as this has been done countless of times. I wanted to create the balance of a prettyboy/ badass look. From the clothes and facial expressions from Craig Roberts and personality of Light Yagami the main character is almost looking complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment